Last year, the FGL Group became Helly Hansen’s official distributor. For over 140 years, Helly Hansen has manufactured professional quality equipment to protect consumers from the elements. As Sports Experts expanded their Helly Hansen product selection, they wanted to be positioned as the brand’s go-to Québecois distributor.
bicom developed a multi-tactic integrated marketing strategy to link the Helly Hansen brand with Sports Experts. As the main tactic, bicom organized a press trip for Québécois influencers to Finland’s Artic Circle, which included content creation and paid media strategy.
- Press trip: Over the course of five days, influencers traveled to Levi and tested Helly Hansen products in different environments and through various activities.
- Influencer marketing: Five Québécois influencers created on-site content, shared directly to their social media channels, to reach new audiences for Sports Experts & Helly Hansen.
- Social and web content strategy: An amplified Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest social content strategy was implemented for the campaign. A landing page was created on the Sports Experts website, highlighting the campaign, as well as a page where consumers could shop influencers’ looks.
bicom’s multi-tactic approach ensured a successful campaign, with results including:
- 2M generated impressions
- 300+ Sports Experts & Helly Hansen mentions on social media
- 12% engagement rate
- 28% increase in Helly Hansen merchandise sales at Sports Experts
- 4K+ new followers on the Sports Experts Instagram page