Resolute Forest Products is a global leader in the forest products industry offering a wide variety of products including market pulp, paper fabric, wood products, and paper. In 2021, the company faced the same challenges as many others, across many different verticals. Given the nature of its
operations and the high stakeholder expectations, the environment and sustainability are high priorities for the company.
Resolute Forest Products, therefore, turned to bicom for strategic support to optimize its communications and its sustainable development initiatives.
Bicom’s strategy was to do a full communication audit by in-depth analyses for every communications aspect of Resolute Forest Products.
– Analysis of Corporate Communication efforts through owned media over the last year
– Analysis of external coverage
– Analysis based on English communications
– Analysis of competitors best practices
– Analysis of all communication on social medias with a benchmark of competitors to analyze the strengths and areas of improvement for each platforms
The full communication audit showed there are opportunities to:
- Improve Google ranking through a SEO content strategy;
- Wikipedia content will need to be addressed with a traditional and more audacious (but cautious) approach;
- Remove platforms that are no longer active;
- Include more dynamic and shareable content using visuals and leverage other platforms to better position, reach and interact;
- Invite collaboration and co-creation to ensure content relevance, as various groups (internal and external) can prove to be a very rich information resource;
- Evaluate best format and frequency (for each tool and complementary, as a whole) to ensure proper level of communication (not too much, nor too little) for each audience.